- $999 (Plus shipping/handling and CA sales tax, if applicable. Does not include duties, taxes or fees for international customers)
- Master patterns created from the original molds made from a screen used helmet made by Rick Baker in 1977 that are in the Lucasfilm archives
- Original asymmetric sculpted geometry
- High quality Fiberglass/metal construction
- Fully lined face mask with adjustable straps
- Full scale, 1:1 prop replica
- Limited Edition: 1,000 pieces worldwide
- Accurate 2 piece construction
- Bubble lenses
- Machined aluminum tusks
- Metal mouth and chin grills
- EFX display base
- Prop Story/Certificate of Authenticity
- Numbered metal plaque
- THIS IS A COLLECTIBLE FOR DISPLAY ONLY. THIS IS NOT A TOY AND IS INTENDED FOR ADULTS ONLY. NOT FOR CHILDREN
- BY ADDING THIS ITEM TO YOUR CART AND COMPLETING THE CHECK OUT PROCESS (CLICKING ON THE "COMPLETE ORDER" BUTTON), YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND AGREE TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE.
Darth Vader - Just the mention of his name conjured up fear not only amongst the Rebel Alliance, but within his Emperor's own Galactic Empire, as well! The Dark Lord of the Sith is considered by many to be THE villain of an entire generation. In fact, he is listed at #3 in the American Film Institute's top movie villains of all time. He is only preceded by Dr. Hannibal Lechter in 1991's The Silence of the Lambs (#1), Norman Bates in Alfred Hitchcock's classic 1960's Psycho (#2) and listed just above the Wicked Witch of the West from 1939's The Wizard of Oz
His sinister persona was not only conveyed by David Prowse's large and commanding stature and James Earl Jones resounding voice, but his fearsome helmet, as well. Whenever we think of Star Wars, the first image that comes to mind is Darth Vader and, vice versa!
The original iconic Darth Vader helmet, as seen in Star Wars: A New Hope, was sculpted by Brian Muir based on the concept sketches by beloved illustrator Ralph McQuarrie. Even though there were 3 known castings made from the mold made from Muir's sculpt, only 1 helmet was used in the entire filming of A New Hope
Our master pattern was cast from vintage molds in the Lucasfilm archives which are believed to have been made by none other than Rick Baker from the screen used Vader helmet back in 1977. What makes this a very special product is that the master pattern is NOT made from a digital scan, it is an actual, original casting. This means that this replica helmet will have direct lineage to the original and be as true to the actual filming prop as you can possibly get!
This helmet has the asymmetric geometry that many feel capture the true evil essence of Darth Vader. The face mask will have the screen accurate two-toned black and gunmetal sprayed (as opposed to the brushed on Legend Edition) paint scheme. The dents and scratches that were in the original mold have been filled in or removed, giving the helmet a more pristine appearance but still remaining faithful to the original filming prop. With this officially licensed Darth Vader Helmet, you will feel the seductive power of the dark.side!
This helmet will arguably be the most important piece of any Star Wars of collection.
© & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
November 30, 2018
In stock and ready to ship!