- $329 (Plus shipping/handling and CA sales tax, if applicable. Does not include duties, taxes or fees for international customers)
- DIRECT EXCLUSIVE!
- Master patterns created from the original molds made from a screen used helmet made by Rick Baker in 1977 that are in the Lucasfilm archives
- Original asymmetric sculpted geometry
- High quality ABS/metal construction
- Full scale, 1:1
- Accurate 2 piece construction
- Screen accurate two tone black and hand painted gun metal paint scheme of face mask
- Bubble lenses
- Machined aluminum tusks
- Metal mouth and chin grills
- Certificate of Authenticity
- BY ADDING THIS ITEM TO YOUR CART AND COMPLETING THE CHECK OUT PROCESS (CLICKING ON THE "COMPLETE ORDER" BUTTON), YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND AGREE TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE.
Finally the Darth Vader helmet that you have been waiting 5 years for (or 39 years, depending on your point of view!) Many of you remember our incredible Legend Edition Darth Vader helmet. The Legend Edition sold out in less than 4 minutes, in fact we actually crashed the credit card processing company's server!
This is a recreation of our Legend Edition Darth Vader helmet as seen in Star Wars: A New Hope. This Direct Exclusive, Special Edition of our Precision Crafted Replica Darth Vader helmet has the screen accurate, hand painted details as our Legend Edition had!
Darth Vader - Just the mention of the name conjures up fear not only amongst the Rebel Alliance, but within hi own Galactic Empire, as well! The Dark Lord of the Sith is considered by many to be the villain of a generation of movie audiences.
His sinister persona was conveyed by his iconic helmet, with a facemask and dome, based on the concept sketches by legendary concept artist, Ralph McQuarrie.
It is not known how many helmets were made for the production, but based on all of the reference materials in the archives, only one helmet was used in the filming of A New Hope. Unfortunately, there is no record of what happened to the original molds that were made from Brian Muir's sculpture. At the end of the filming in England, the complete screen-used costume, including the helmet, was sent to the USA, and make-up artist and creature maker for the film, Rick Baker, cast a new set of molds from the screen-used helmet. These molds were then used to make the Darth Vader promotional touring costumes in 1977.
The master patterns for EFX Darth Vader helmet were cast from these vintage molds at the archives, and thus have a direct lineage to the original, screen-used helmet. It has the asymmetric, hand-sculpted geometry and all of the surface nuances that many feel capture the true menacing essence of Darth Vader. The facemask also has the two-toned black and gunmetal paint scheme of the original helmet, thus making this helmet one of the most accurate replicas of this iconic helmet!
© Lucasfilm Ltd.
October 15, 2016
The new container with the Special Edition helmet will arrive in Los Angeles this week. After customs it will be available on our website.