- THIS IS A PRE-ORDER ONLY
- $899 (Plus shipping/handling and CA sales tax, if applicable. Does not include duties, taxes or fees for international customers) Applicable sales tax will be added to each payment. Shipping charges will be included with the balance payment.
- 2 Payment Options to place your order: Full Payment* ($899) or 4 Payment Layaway Plan (See below)
* Benefits of the Full payment option: Receive your helmet first, and thus the lowest serial numbers, free Ground shipping to US addresses in the continental 48 states (Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, US territories and International customers receive a $25 credit toward the shipping/handling costs)
- INCLUDES the Scout Pistol, cast from a screen-used prop.
- Master patterns made from the original wood patterns made by Industrial Light and Magic
- Edition Size: Limited to 500 pieces worldwide
- Quality ABS plastic and metal construction
- Front visor pivots open
- Full scale 1:1 replica
- Fully padded interior
- EFX display base
- Numbered plaque
- BY ADDING THIS ITEM TO YOUR CART AND COMPLETING THE CHECK OUT PROCESS (CLICKING ON THE "COMPLETE ORDER" BUTTON), YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND AGREE TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE.
- Prop Story/Certificate Authenticity
4 Payment Layaway Plan:
Payment 1: $300, Non-refundable deposit due when placing order
Payment 2: $200 (Due 30 days later)
Payment 3: $200 (Due 30 days later)
Payment 4: $199 plus Shipping/Handling (Due 30 days after Payment 3)
Our new officially licensed, Legend Edition (Biker) Scout Trooper Helmet will be the most accurate reproduction of this incredible helmet produced to date. As with all of our Legend Edition Prop Replicas, the master molds were made from the original master tools ILM used to make the screen-used helmets. There was no digital scanning or 3D modeling used, only original parts and tooling. We even used an original decal sheet from ILM to make our markings and symbols that are seen on the helmet!
This EFX Legend Edition helmet is made in ABS, just like the original screen-used helmets.
And here is the special bonus for this Direct Exclusive Legend Edition: it INCLUDES the Biker Scout Pistol that was cast from an original, screen-used pistol!
Our new officially licensed, Limited Edition (Biker) Scout Trooper Helmet will be one of the most accurate reproduction of this incredible helmet produced to date. It has the all the pedigree of our Legend Edition line since the master molds were made from the original master tools ILM used to make the screen-used helmets. As with the Legend Edition, there is no digital scanning or 3D modeling used, only original parts and tooling. We even used an original decal sheet from ILM to make our markings and symbols that are seen on the helmet! You can call this helmet "Legend - Light"!
The Imperial Scout Troopers were a specially trained garrison of the Stormtroopers. They were outfitted with light armor which made them more mobile and efficient for their reconnaissance duties. The signature piece of equipment utilized by the Scout Troopers was the 74-Z Speeder Bike, thus earning them the nickname “Biker Scouts”
The Scout Troopers were first seen in the Star Wars saga in Episode VI: Return of the Jedi on the planet of Endor where the uncompleted, but fully functional, new Death Stars’ shield generator was located. A team of rebels that included Princess Leia, Han Solo, Chewbacca, C-3PO and R2-D2 with the help of the Ewoks, defeated the scout troopers and stormtrooper and destroyed the shield generator, allowing Lando Calrissian and the X-wing pilot to once again destroy the empire's mighty Death Star.
The Biker Scout helmet and armor was designed by Nilos Rodis-Jamero. As with many of the imperial helmets made not only for this production, but for the entire original trilogy, this helmet was made in vacuum formed ABS plastic. The beautiful master patterns were a piece of art in themselves, as they were made in wood, like the way toys patterns were made back before the digital age. The symbols and markings on the helmet were hand applied decals. You can see the lineage of these elements to the original stormtrooper helmets first seen in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. This helmet had the unique feature of the pivoting visor, even though you never saw the helmet with the visor up. The unique symbol seen on the side of the visor was designed by ILM’s Pete Ronzani. The symbol was actually a logo he designed for his own personal business card. If you turn the symbol clockwise 90°, you can see his initials “P A R”!
The EFX master patterns were made from these original wood patterns, thus there was no digital scanning or 3D modeling used to produce this helmet. Thus, this is the most accurate reproduction of the Scout Trooper helmet possible. We even had an original decal sheet of the symbols and markings to produce our decals.
© Lucasfilm Ltd.
PLEASE SELECT PAYMENT OPTION BELOW:
July 8, 2016
We are hoping to have the final production sample of the helmet at Comic Con. Anticipated ship date: Late Summer, 2016